Let's find out more about Physiotherapy and how it can help you
Physiotherapy helps to restore movement and function after injury, illness or disability. Physiotherapists will also explain how to reduce your risk of injury or illness in the future.
It takes a holistic approach that involves the patient directly in their own care.
When is physiotherapy used?
Physiotherapy can be used for a wide range of health conditions, including problems affecting the:
- bones, joints and soft tissue – ie :back pain , neck and shoulder pain , sports injuries , arthritis
- brain or nervous system – ie : movement restrictions from a stroke , multiple sclerosis ( MS) or Parkinson's disease
- heart and circulation – ie: rehabilitation after a heart attack
- lungs and breathing – ie: chronic obstructive pulmonary disease ( COPD) , Cystic fibrosis
Physiotherapy can improve your physical activity while helping you to prevent further injuries.
What physiotherapists do
Physiotherapists assess the body as a whole, rather than just focusing on the individual aspects of an injury or illness.
Some of the treatment pathways include:
- education – physiotherapists can give general advice about things that can affect your daily lives, such as posture and correct lifting or carrying techniques to help prevent injuries
- movement, tailored exercise and physical activity advice – exercises may be recommended to improve your general health and mobility, to strengthen specific parts of your body
- manual therapy – the physiotherapist uses their hands to help relieve pain and stiffness, to encourage better movement of the body
To book an appointment with our Physiotherapist click here.
Content courtesy of the NHS website.
Monday - Friday 09:30 - 17:00
Saturday 10:00 - 14:00
Clinic and Shop Address:
5 - 7, Church Hill Road, East Barnet,
Herts, EN4 8SY